This tracker covers bills currently going through the legislative process.
You can also download a full list of state legislation that has passed into law.
Click a state to retrieve filtered contents
- IL HB 6026
- Rep. Kathleen Willis (DEM-IL)
- E-CIGARETTE MARKETING LIMITS
- Amends the Prevention of Tobacco Use by Minors and Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products Act. Defines ""electronic cigarette"" and ""electronic cigarette liquids"". Contains provisions limiting the advertising and marketing of electronic cigarettes and electronic cigarette liquids targeted at persons under the age of 18 by manufacturers and retailers of such products. Contains provisions discontinuing and prohibiting the outdoor advertising and transit advertising of electronic cigarettes and electronic cigarette liquids by manufacturers and retailers of such products.
- Referred to Rules Committee
- NJ A 3419
- Asm. Reed Gusciora (DEM-NJ)
- Prohibits advertising of certain products to minors on websites; requires website operators to allow minors to delete posts.
- Introduced, Referred to Assembly Consumer Affairs Committee
- NY AB 2103
- Shelley Mayer
- Prohibits the use of coupons or use of a price reduction instrument to lower the price of certain tobacco products
- REFERRED TO HEALTH
Bans the redemption of coupons and other price reduction instruments in the sale of vapor products to consumers.
- NY AB 3009
- S. 2009 3 A. 3009 on cigarette and tobacco product taxes assessed under article 20 ther- eof (Part HH); to amend the tax law, in relation to the imposition of a tax on cigars under article 20 thereof (Part II); to amend the tax law, in relation to the definition of a conveyance for real estate ...
- AN ACT OF CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES ENTITLED ""AN ACT TO PROHIBIT TRANSPORTATION OF GAMBL- ING DEVICES IN INTERSTATE AND FOREIGN COMMERCE,"" APPROVED JANUARY SECOND, NINETEEN HUNDRED FIFTY-ONE, BEING CHAPTER 1194, 64 STAT. 1134, AND ALSO DESIGNATED AS 15 U.S.C. SS 1171-1177, THE STATE OF NEW YORK, ACTING BY AND THROUGH THE DULY ELECTED AND QUALIFIED MEMBERS OF ITS LEGISLATURE, DOES HEREBY, IN ACCORDANCE WITH AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION TWO OF SAID ACT OF CONGRESS, DECLARE AND PROCLAIM THAT IT IS EXEMPT FROM THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION TWO OF SAID ACT OF CONGRESS. S 1557. LEGAL SHIPMENTS OF GAMING DEVICES INTO NEW YORK STATE. ALL SHIPMENTS INTO THIS STATE OF GAMING DEVICES, EXCLUDING SLOT MACHINES AND COIN OPERATED GAMBLING DEVICES, AS DEFINED IN SUBDIVISION SEVEN-A OF ...
- PRINT NUMBER 3009A
Taxes vapor products at a rate of 10 percent of the wholesale sales price.
Bans distribution of vapor products free of charge.
At the point of sale vapor products must be stored in locked containers or behind the counter.
Vending machines can be located only in bars that sell liquor, privare clubs, places of employment, and tobacco businesses.
Vapor packaging must be child-resistant.
Vaping is forbidden on school grounds.