MARKET ANALYST – FULL-TIME – BASED BARCELONA OFFICE (posted 5th April 2017)
ECigIntelligence is seeking a market analyst to join our team of around 25 analysts, lawyers and journalists based in Barcelona, Spain.
We are an UK-headquartered online, subscription-based syndicated analysis service covering e-cigarettes and related sectors, serving a global readership including senior executives, regulators, and public health teams. We provide detailed market and regulatory analysis to professionals in the sector; we are not a vaping advocacy organisation or a product review site.
The e-cigarette sector is one of the most controversial and stimulating niche markets to be covering as a business analyst today. This disruptive sector is growing fast globally, but markets are very fragmented and the businesses in them varied.
We are looking for energy and an entrepreneurial spirit more than a specific academic background or educational profile: ECigIntelligence is a start-up where commitment and new ideas are valued more than your grades or big-company experience.
As a Market Analyst working in our central Barcelona office, your primary responsibility will be to track and analyze developments in the global e-cigarette market. Management of virtual or real teams will be part of the role, as will interacting with customers to answer questions on our syndicated data, together with occasional consultancy projects.
English to mother-tongue standard is essential, as is impeccable numeracy; other European languages are helpful.
We are looking for the following in a candidate:
– Clarity of thought and clear intellectual abilities; interest in innovative and disruptive technologies and/or market change;
– Good communication and team-building skills: allowing you to develop links with industry stakeholders around the world to track the fast-moving changes in this sector, and develop and manage teams;
– Excellent organisational and analytical abilities, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic – we need a someone with a self-starting mentality;
– Market or business analysis experience, demonstrating ability to present complex market issues and analysis in a clear and understandable format;
– Evidence of being able to deliver to tight and demanding timescales on multiple projects;
– Fluent English is a must; languages other than English/Spanish/Catalan an advantage (but not a requirement; the office operates in English).
To apply or for an informal discussion, please send a CV and cover note to email@example.com