MARKET ANALYST – FULL-TIME – BASED BARCELONA OFFICE (posted 17th October 2016)
ECigIntelligence is seeking a market analyst to join our team of around 25 analysts, lawyers and journalists based in the United Kingdom, Spain and the United States.
We are an online, subscription-based publication covering e-cigarettes and related sectors, serving a global readership including senior executives, regulators, and public health professionals. (Please note that we are not a vaping advocacy organisation or a product review site.)
The e-cigarette sector is one of the most controversial and stimulating niche markets to be covering as a business analyst today. This disruptive sector is growing fast globally, but markets are very fragmented and the businesses in them varied.
We are looking for energy and an entrepreneurial spirit more than a specific academic background or educational profile: ECigIntelligence is a start-up where commitment, new ideas, suggestions and polyvalence are valued more than your grades.
As Market analyst working in our central Barcelona office, your primary responsibility will be to track and analyze developments in the global e-cigarette market
This position may suit a highly detail-oriented first- or second-jobber with a background in market analysis or economics. English to mother-tongue standard is essential, as is impeccable numeracy; other European languages are helpful.
We are looking for the following in a candidate:
– Clarity of thought and clear intellectual abilities; interest in innovative and disruptive technologies and/or market change;
– Market or business analysis experience, demonstrating ability to present complex market issues and analysis in a clear and understandable format;
– Good communication and team-building skills: allowing you to develop links with industry stakeholders around the world to track the fast-moving changes in this sector;
– Excellent organisational and analytical abilities, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic – we need a someone with a self-starting mentality;
– Evidence of being able to deliver to tight and demanding timescales on multiple projects;
– Languages other than English/Spanish/Catalan an advantage (but not a requirement; the office operates in English).
To apply or for an informal discussion, please send a CV and cover note to email@example.com .
U.S. INDUSTRY REPORTER – 0.5 FTE – HOME-BASED, UNITED STATES (posted 4th July 2016)
Your primary responsibility will be to contribute regular and timely news stories on the U.S. e-cigarette sector, especially vape stores and independent manufacturers, and on regulation at state and municipality level.
You will work closely on the latter with our U.S. legal analyst and also collaborate with our Washington, DC correspondent.
Additionally, you will contribute to our coverage of technology and product innovation, and maintain a watching brief on Canada and Latin America.
This position is permanent, home-based, and initially half-time with the probability of it becoming a full-time position. It is unlikely to suit someone without at least a year’s reporting experience, preferably covering a regulated industry. You will need to be highly detail-oriented and impeccably numerate.
To apply or for an informal discussion, please contact Barnaby Page, editorial director.