- The client wanted to expand their understanding of legal requirements in Europe in a post-TPD environment, so they were looking for reliable data regarding the upcoming regulation on which to base their interpretation and use the information internally for their expansion strategy.
When the TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) came into force, the ECigIntelligence legal team prepared a regulatory report on each of the 28 EU member states where the new regulation was being implemented.
The document included the following analysis:
- How the same law was being interpreted in each country.
- How each of the countries was enforcing new requirements and obligations.
- How each country was regulating aspects not covered in the TPD.
Outcome & Value-added
ECigIntelligence provided the client a complete white book on this new upcoming regulation which helped them:
- Use it as a guide and an internal point of reference.
- Educate and train their employees.
- Verify their existing knowledge with the compliance team.
- Reduce costs as they did not have to contract external consultants and lawyers.
- Make informed decisions on their expansion strategy into Europe.