The E-Cigarette Summit, held Thursday 12th November at the Royal Society, will cover topics including:
- The latest data from the UK’s Smoking Toolkit Study.
- Quantitative and qualitative research into e-cigarettes’ role in smoking cessation.
- The contribution research can make to the debate over vaping in public places.
- The evidence on e-cigarettes and children.
- Theoretical risks of vaping.
- A systematic review of health effects including studies of e-liquid, humans and animals.
- Short-term harm reversal.
- The health impacts of nicotine.
Other sessions at the event will examine the communication of science and risk, and the challenges that e-cigarettes pose to the public-health community.
Regulation will also come under the microscope. Planned presentations will address topics such as the expected restrictions on advertising and marketing after the UK’s transposition of the EU Tobacco Products Directive (TPD), as well as the post-TPD role of the British regulator, the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
ECigIntelligence does not provide legal, strategic or investment advice. Tamarind Media Limited, the publisher of ECigIntelligence, does not accept any liability or responsibility for information or views published.
Please see this page for a detailed description of our methodology. Please Contact us for a detailed description of our methodology.