This report focuses on the nicotine consumption journey in the UK by analysing the time periods for which each respondent has used tobacco alternatives – such as vaping products and nicotine pouches – in addition to the time they have used traditional cigarettes. It aims to identify patterns and gain insight into what a typical nicotine journey looks like in the UK and users’ reasons for switching from one nicotine alternative to another.
ECigIntelligence collected responses from a total of 1,315 adult users who have tried vaping and/or nicotine pouches at least once. Data was collected in May and June of 2022 via a third-party consumer panel provider, and demographic quotas were set for the data collection.
Reasons to buy
An ECigIntelligence market report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current market size and structure, enabling you to confidently identify where your business and your products stand within the market.
- The ability to plan ahead for developing trends.
- A strategic picture of consumers, retail channels, and product preferences.
- Understanding of major competitor brands and their position within the market.
- In-depth discussion of the most important topics for the specific market, with historic and future influences on change identified and comparisons made to other national markets.
- Detailed data in graphical form.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Current vapers and nicotine pouch users
- First nicotine experience
- Reasons to try nicotine alternatives for the first time
- The free sample success
- Quitting nicotine with the aid of vaping
- Who tries tobacco alternatives?
- The context of using nicotine pouches
- Former vapers’ journey
- Quitting nicotine
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by ECigIntelligence’s multilingual market analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders, and consumer/industry surveys.