While disposable e-cigs are the fastest growing category in the industry, they are also the fastest growing source of concern for policymakers in the EU due to their appeal to young users and negative environmental effects. Calls to action have been made and several legal risks threaten to end the rise of disposable vapes in the EU.
This report analyses these legal risks and discusses how and why these products could eventually be banned in the EU.
Reasons to buy
An ECigIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Why are these products at legal risk?
- Potential ban under national laws
- Which exceptions to the EU single market principle would allow for a disposable ban?
- Requirements for the removability of batteries: does this mean a ban?
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by ECigIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.