E-cigarettes imported into the US must comply with all the applicable requirements of the laws and regulations set out by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In May 2016, the FDA published a final rule extending its tobacco product authority to all tobacco products (except for accessories of deemed tobacco products).
This report provides a comprehensive summary of the import and export regulations in place for e-cigarette products in the US.
Reasons to buy
An ECigIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- FDA import requirements
- Affirmation of compliance codes
- US Department of Treasury’s Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau requirements
- Reporting through the Automated Commercial Environment
- Export requirements
- Relevant bodies
- Relevant laws
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by ECigIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.