This report focuses on the nicotine consumption journey in the US by analysing the time periods for which each respondent has used tobacco alternatives – such as vaping products and nicotine pouches – in addition to the time they have used traditional cigarettes or smokeless tobacco (such as chewing tobacco or snus). It aims to identify patterns and gain insight into what a typical nicotine journey looks like in the US and users’ reasons for switching from one source of nicotine to another.
Reasons to buy
An ECigIntelligence market report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current market size and structure, enabling you to confidently identify where your business and your products stand within the market.
- The ability to plan ahead for developing trends.
- A strategic picture of consumers, retail channels, and product preferences.
- Understanding of major competitor brands and their position within the market.
- In-depth discussion of the most important topics for the specific market, with historic and future influences on change identified and comparisons made to other national markets.
- Detailed data in graphical form.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Current users of tobacco alternatives
- First nicotine experience
- Reasons for trying nicotine alternatives for the first time
- The free sample success
- Who tries tobacco alternatives?
- The journey between smoking and tobacco alternatives
- Former users’ journey
- Quitting nicotine
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by ECigIntelligence’s multilingual market analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders, and consumer/industry surveys.